LBO crystal, Lithium Triborate, LiB3O5, is a nonlinear optical crystal. For frequency doubling (SHG) / tripling (THG) of Nd:YAG, Nd:YLF, Nd:YVO4 lasers, it is one of the most useful nonlinear optical materials in ultraviolet and visible laser applications.
Unique features of LBO crystal:
- Broad transparency range from 160nm to 2600nm; SHG range from 550nm to 2600nm.
- High optical homogeneity ( δν =€10-6/cm) and free of inclusion.
- Relatively large effective SHG coefficient. (about three times that of KDP)
- Excellent for high power and stable second-harmonic generation. (minimal thermal lensing compared to KTP)
- High damage threshold. (18.9 GW/cm2 for a 1.3ns laser at 1053nm;25 GW/cm2 for a 10 ns laser at 1064 nm)
- Wide acceptance angle and small walk-off.
- Type I and type II non-critical phase matching (NCPM) in a wide wavelength range.
- Spectral NCPM near 1300nm.
LBO Crystal Applications:
- Frequency doubling (SHG) and tripling (THG) of high power pulsed of Nd:YAG , Nd:YVO4, Nd:YLF, Ti:Sapphire and Dye lasers.
- Optical parametric amplifiers (OPA) and oscillators (OPO) of both Type 1 and Type 2 phase-matching pumped by Excimer lasers and harmonics of Nd:YAG lasers.
- Non-critical phase-matching (NCPM) for SHG 1064nm of laser.
||(W +/- 0.1 mm) x (H +/- 0.1 mm) x (L + 0.2 mm/-0.1mm)
||> 90% central area
||10/5 Scratch/Dig per MIL-O-13830A
||< 20 arcsec
||< 5 arcmin
(SHG): R< 0.25% at 1064nm and R<0.4% at 532 nm
(THG): R< 0.6% at 1064nm & R<0.4% at 532 nm & R<0.5% at 355 nm
|Coat damage threshold